- City Services
- Demographics & Community Information
Demographics & Community Information
Clayton has a population of over 13,000 residents within the Northmont Community, population 43,000.
United States Census Bureau Quick Facts
Dayton Region Resources
Arts & Entertainment
- Diverse offering of activities that are sure to meet anyone’s interests.
- Offers more arts organizations per capita than 79% of similar sized cities, including groups like the Dayton Philharmonic, Dayton Ballet, Muse Machine, Dayton Arts Institute, Schuster Center, Victoria Theatre, Boonshoft Museum of Discovery and nationally recognized Dayton Contemporary Dance Company.
- The Dayton Dragons minor league baseball team was voted as one of the Top Ten Hottest Tickets in Sports by Sports Illustrated and set the record for consecutive sell out games since the park opened in 2000.
- The University of Dayton men’s basketball team has a similar following and they are nationally ranked in the top 30 in attendance for 12 seasons.
Parks & Recreation
- The City of Clayton has several parks nestled in neighborhoods, and recently opened an 18-hole disc golf course in Westbrook Park.
- Hardscrabble Park, located in the historic village, is the oldest Little League in Ohio
- Formerly Meadowbrook Country Club, Meadowbrook at Clayton is now a public course owned and operated by the City of Clayton. If you want to play 9 or 18 holes on our challenging and picturesque golf course, host a meeting or work event in our newly remodeled 65,000 square foot banquet facility, or are looking for an up-scale venue for your special day, please contact the city for more information at 937-836-3500,
- Five Rivers MetroParks has created an extensive parks system that includes the Englewood Reserve and the Aullwood Gardens. Sycamore State Park offers hiking and horse trails, fishing and ice skating. All are within easy access to Clayton residents and businesses.
- The City of Clayton has all the elements you and your family are looking for. The Northmont City School District, one of the premier schools in the region, which has repeatedly been recognized by the State of Ohio as a School of Excellence with Distinction.
- The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) offers over 50 career technical programs for high school and adult education and training. The MVCTC works closely with communities and businesses to stay abreast of current needs and is able to develop highly trained dependable employees ready to work for you.
- The area offers a wide variety of post-secondary educational opportunities. The University of Dayton, Wright State University and Sinclair College are all an easy commute for anyone in Clayton.
- Clayton is located just 8 minutes from the intersection of I-70 and I-75, the Crossroads of America.
- This region has one of the best Land/Air Markets in the country. Our 90-minutes air market can reach 55% of the US population. Within 600 land miles, companies can reach 75% of the US population. Factors which make this region ideal for cargo distribution.